| Methi (Fenugreek)|| 1 tsp. |
| Chana Daal seeds|| 2 tbsp. |
| Coriander Seeds|| 4 tbsp. |
| Red Chillies|| 4-5 |
| Asafoetida(optional)|| 1 tsp. |
| Coconut (grated)|| 3 tbsp. |
| Oil|| 3 tbsp. |
- Roast methi, chana daal, and asafoetida.
- Add chillies when daal starts getting red.
- If using dry coconut, soak it in a little water and blend the daal mixture and coconut until the paste is fine. Keep aside.
| Tamcon|| 1 tbsp.|
| Mustard Seeds|| 1 tbsp.|
| Vegetables|| as needed|
| Turmeric|| pinch|
| Salt|| to taste|
| Toor Daal|| 1 cup|
| Curry Leaves|| 2-3|
| Ghee|| 2 tsp.|
If the toor daal gets burned, rectify by adding a small ball of cooked rice (it will remove the odor). It will also absorb excess salt, so compensate for this when eating.
- Boil toor daal and mash.
- Boil tamcon in water until dissolved.
- Take the vegetables, slightly fry them, and add them to this tamarind water. Add a little salt and turmeric and boil.
- When vegetables are soft, add the toor daal paste and wait until the mixture boils again. Lower flame.
- Add curry leaves, the masala mixture, salt and boil for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with roasted mustard seeds.