| Urad Daal || 2 tsp. |
| Black pepper || 1/3 tsp. |
| Red Chillies || 2 |
| Cumin Seeds || 1 tsp. |
| Coconut (grated) || 3 tbsp. |
- Roast Urad Daal, Black Pepper and Red Chillies until the Daal is golden yellow.
- Add Cumin seeds to the mixture after removing from stove.
- Add the coconut when the mixture is cold. Grind with water.
| Yellow Split Peas || ½ cup |
| Chili powder || ¼ tsp. |
| Turmeric || pinch |
| Spinach || 10 oz. |
| or |
| Vegetables etc. || 4 - 5 cups |
- Boil Yellow Split Peas. Keep aside.
- Boil vegetables(spinach or combo of cabbage, squash, beans, etc.) with salt, chili powder and turmeric until just cooked.
- Add masala and daal.