| Semi-Sweet Chocolate || 6 oz |
| Milk Chocolate || 4 oz |
| Water || 2 tbsp |
| Butter (softened) || 1 cup |
| Eggs || 4 |
| Flour (sifted) || 2 ¼ |
| Baking Soda || ¼ |
| Salt || ½ tsp |
| Buttermilk || 1 cup |
| Vanilla || 2 tsp ||
- Preheat oven to 325°. Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- Cut the chocolate into small pieces and place in top of a double boiler, with the water. Place over water, and stir until melted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Blend in chocolate.
- Sift together dry ingredients. Blend in 1/3 flour mixture alternate with 1/2 of the buttermilk, until each is just blended. Repeat, ending with remaining 1/3 of the flour. Blend in vanilla.
- Pour into prepared pan, and bake 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick test clean. Cool in pan on a rack for 10 minutes. Turn out onto rack and cool another 20 minutes. Place on serving plate, then pour Dark Chocolate Frosting over top while cake is still warm.