| Arhar/Toor Daal || 1 cup|
| Tomato || 1|
| Onion || 1|
| Turmeric || pinch|
| Salt || to taste|
| Bay Leaf (optional) || 2-3|
| Coriander powder || ½ tsp.|
| Chili powder || ¼ tsp.|
- Cook Arhar Daal in 3 cups of water. Bring to boil and remove foam.
- Add bay leaves, turmeric, and a few drops of oil, and continue to boil.
- Cook daal until soft and then mash mixture.
- Fry onions, coriander and chili powders together, and add to daal.
- Add cut tomato and salt, and heat for a couple of minutes more.